Thursday 3 November 2011

#18 Gratitude

Today I am grateful for the values and morals I've been taught by my mother and grandparents... as they have guided me in life and helped shape the person that I am. My mum and grandparents are a few people who have always inspired me to be a better person. I am not trying to present myself as a 'Mother Theresa' archetype and I am far from perfect, but for the most part, I am striving to be a good person every day of my life. My mother and grandparents have helped me to... see the importance of respecting and appreciating every person I meet; to not judge someone based on their appearance/religion/nationality etc.; to not stare at someone who may look a little different from you or I... as we are all the same - human beings. And most importantly, to be the best person I can possibly be each and every day. Those are only a few life values that have been passed onto me... for which I am truly and eternally grateful.

 
Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” 
- Henry James




Bis Bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment